Galaxy S Lollipop Omni ROM based on 5.1.1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

This an unofficial Galaxy S Lollipop Omni ROM for Samsung Galaxy S I9000|I9000B aka galaxysmtd|galaxysbmtd respectively brought to you by developer humberos.
    Now the Android Marshmallow Omni ROM is also available for Samsung Galaxy S. If you are interested then you can try out the Omni Marshmallow ROM for Galaxy S.

DISCLIAMER:
    Installing custom ROM requires a custom recovery to be installed on your device, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup your all data. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. Neither the developer nor we will be held responsible for any disaster that happens to your device.

Required files for Galaxy S Lollipop Omni ROM installation:

ROM download link
    Google Apps flashable zip download link
    – If you want ROOT then the SuperSU package by chainfire

If you are interested for Marshmallow then you can try out the Omni Marshmallow ROM for Galaxy S.

Installing Omni Lollipop ROM on Galaxy S:

Before starting the installation make sure that your phone is rooted and it has a custom recovery installed.

If phone is on Jelly Bean or any other ROM then follow this

STEP 1:

Copy the ROM, GApps and SuperSU ROOT zip file to your phone(By using a USB cable or via adb push command).

STEP 2:

Enter into recovery mode by pressing your device specific key combinations.
    Or else if you are on a pc, then type the following command:

$ adb reboot recovery
    STEP 3:

Wipe system partition, cache, data and dalvik cache

STEP 4:

Select the Install Zip from SDcard option and Select the Omni ROM zip file to flash.
    An error may appear, such as: warning that all data will be wiped. The error is because of the different partition table for this ROM.
    Reflash the ROM zip and it will continue now.

STEP 5:

Flash the GAPPS and then Reboot.
    It can take up to 5 min. or more, just have patience and make sure enough battery charge is there in your phone.

If phone is on KitKat Omni ROM then follow this

– Flash the ROM zip and then Reboot.
    – Wait till it shows the upgrading android dialog and then VOILA.

Have fun and stay tuned to get more updates guys.

Linux User
    Participant

I tried to setup this rom to my Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 but I get the following error:

…This package is for “galaxys,galaxymtd,GT-I9000,GT-I9000M,GT-I9000T” devicethis is “”. … (Status 7) Instalation aborted

Do you know why this error is thrown, my galaxy is one of the supported models but it seems that the installer detect the model empty “”

Attached screenshots.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Regards.
    David

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.