Download and Install Mediatek USB VCOM Driver on Windows 7

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Mediatek Development Forum Mediatek Development Download and Install Mediatek USB VCOM Driver on Windows 7

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

If you are a Mediatek phone user and want to install recovery or root or install stock firmware on Mediatek phone then you must have to use the SP Flash tool. SP Flash tool will not recognize a Mediatek phone connected to a Windows 7 PC unless Mediatel USB VCOM Drivers are installed.

I have created this post because people have been asking how to install Mediatek USB VCOM drivers on a Windows 7 PC. Make sure you go through the guide complete to be able to install the Mediatek VCOM driver auto installer.

Download and Install Mediatek USB VCOM Driver on Windows 7

Mediatek VCOM USB Driver Download and Compatibility Information:

[styledlist style=”yes”]

• Mediatek USB VCOM Driver Download link to install on Windows 7 or lower versions
    • This driver is meant to install for Windows PC
      [su_note note_color=”#D7E3F4″ text_color=”#728095″ radius=”3″ class=”” id=””]Supported version of Windows are: Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1[/su_note]
      [su_note note_color=”#F9D9D9″ text_color=”#AA4343″ radius=”3″ class=”” id=””]This Mediatek USB VCOM driver does not work on Windows 10 (I verified on my Win 10 machine)
      If you are looking for Windows 10, then here is For Windows 10 Mediatek VCOM Driver[/su_note]
    • This USB VCOM driver is ONLY for Mediatek Phones or devices

[/styledlist]

How to Install Mediatek VCOM USB Driver on Windows 7 or Lower:

1. First Download Mediatek VCOM USB Driver and extract the downloaded package.

3. Now, open Device Manager on your Windows PC. You can open device manager in various ways
      1. Click Windows button + Pause Break to open windows properties screen. Form there you click on the Device Manager on the top left side of the screen.
        select Device Manager

3. Or Right Click on My computer then click on Manage. On the next screen that opens click on Device Manager which is on the left side.
        open manage
        select dev manager

5. On the Computer’s name shown on Device Manager Right Click and then select Add Legacy Hardware.
      select add legacy hardware

7. On the next screen that appears, just click on Next.
      click next

9. On the next screen select the Install the hardware that I select manually from a list (Advanced) and then click on Next.
      install hardware manually

11. Next screen appears with a list of devices. Just click on Next and move ahead.
      click next and proceed

13. On the next screen select Have Disk.
      click on have disk

15. A pop up window will appear. Click on Browse.
      click on browse

17. Locate the Mediatek Driver folder where that you have extracted. Based on The Windows OS, select the usb2sr_*.inf file and click on Open.
      [su_note note_color=”#D7E3F4″ text_color=”#728095″ radius=”3″ class=”” id=””]Replace the * with Windows OS version and architecture type, such as: Win7 (32-bit), Win764, Vista, Vista64 etc.[/su_note]
      select OS and select the inf file

19. On the next screen click on OK.
      click OK

21. On the next screen you will see various drivers. Select the MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port to install and click Next.
      select mediatek preloader USB VCOM driver

23. On the next screen verify which driver you are installing (in our case it is MediaTek USB VCOM driver) and then click on Next.
      verify mediatek USB VCOM driver and click next

25. On the next screen just read the status of Mediatek VCOM driver installation and click on Finish.

[su_note note_color=”#D7E3F4″ text_color=”#728095″ radius=”3″ class=”” id=””]That’s all. After successfully installing the Mediatek USB VCOM driver you can now use SP flash tool to either install a recovery or install Mediatek Firmware etc.[/su_note]

If you still face any problem installing the Mediatek USB VCOM driver on Windows 7 or a lower Windows version after following this guide, then you can leave a reply here and I will assist you as soon as possible.

Stay tuned or Subscribe or visit the Mediatek Development forum for other Mediatek related topics and hacks.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.