Nexus 4 CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1, Nougat 7.0/7.1 ROM)

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (May 2024) Forums Google Device Forums Nexus 4 – Mako Nexus 4 CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1, Nougat 7.0/7.1 ROM)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

adb works fine on my old laptop with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
    But on Windows 10, no chance.

At least now I’m sure that this issue is not related to this ROM.

I wonder why everything works out of the box on Linux while things are so complicated on Windows.
    I remember this was the other way round 10 years ago…

Linux User
    Participant

I have installed both ROM and GAPPS Aroma with excluding many apps except launcher due to insufficient storage problem. But all went sucess. Now I am not able to come out of TWRP screep.
    Each time i try to reboot in (SYSTEM, BOOTLOADER, RECOVERY) it just come inside TWRP.

Please help.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi Henning, can you try the video recording with some third party camera apps?

Linux User
    Participant

I tried with OpenCamera – the same effect. Taking photos is working, but video recording stops immediately with an “unknown error”. The app’s about dialog says “Last video error: error_268435556_-1007.”

Linux User
    Participant

Cna you try with a Linux machine and confirm if things are not broken because of this ROM?

Linux User
    Participant

It basically works, but the two most important apps (Telephone and Camera) consistently crash.

Admittedly, I did steps d and e in one step (without rebooting into recovery mode after installing CM14).
    Also, I’m not sure if I understood the sentence “Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.” correctly.

Fortunately, I was able to restore the NAND backup :-)

Linux User
    Participant

Well, it basically worked for me – except that the telephone and camera apps crash consistently.

Linux User
    Participant

Can you try with the latest ROM update and let me know how it went?

Also I have updated the “Wipe data factory reset….” sentence to a meaningful one.

Linux User
    Participant

OK, I tried a second time.
    This time I rebooted after installing CM14 with TWRP and before installing OpenGApps.
    And now everything seems to work perfectly.

Thank you StepanMC!

Linux User
    Participant

Update: Video recording is not working – neither 1080p nor 702p.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.