Nexus 4 CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1, Nougat 7.0/7.1 ROM)

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Google Device Forums Nexus 4 – Mako Nexus 4 CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1, Nougat 7.0/7.1 ROM)

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

This might be just coincidence, but adb does not work:

adb devices will never show the device, while the MTP driver is working, e.g. I can move files from and to the device using the windows explorer.

But this might be a Windows 10 related problem. The last time when I used adb (before updating the ROM), I used a Linux PC.

I already tried several tips from the internet, but none helped.

Linux User
    Participant

Cna you try with a Linux machine and confirm if things are not broken because of this ROM?

Linux User
    Participant

adb works fine on my old laptop with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
    But on Windows 10, no chance.

At least now I’m sure that this issue is not related to this ROM.

I wonder why everything works out of the box on Linux while things are so complicated on Windows.
    I remember this was the other way round 10 years ago…

Linux User
    Participant

I have installed both ROM and GAPPS Aroma with excluding many apps except launcher due to insufficient storage problem. But all went sucess. Now I am not able to come out of TWRP screep.
    Each time i try to reboot in (SYSTEM, BOOTLOADER, RECOVERY) it just come inside TWRP.

Please help.

Linux User
    Participant

I have a Nexus 4 and the same happened with me. Recently I updated the official NIGHTLY OTA (manually) and after that somehow TWRP was just preventing the phone to boot. I broke my head, wiped data, system, reflashed ROM, bla bla and done tons of things but no success at all.
    Finally I just flashed the cyanogen recovery and to my surprise it started booting to the system. I took the cyanogen recovery from this link: https://cyanogenmods.org/forums/topic/official-nexus-4-cm14-1-cyanogenmod-14-1-nougat-7-1-rom/

Try and let me know how it went.

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.