Nexus 4 CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1, Nougat 7.0/7.1 ROM)

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (May 2024) Forums Google Device Forums Nexus 4 – Mako Nexus 4 CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1, Nougat 7.0/7.1 ROM)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

It basically works, but the two most important apps (Telephone and Camera) consistently crash.

Admittedly, I did steps d and e in one step (without rebooting into recovery mode after installing CM14).
    Also, I’m not sure if I understood the sentence “Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.” correctly.

Fortunately, I was able to restore the NAND backup :-)

Linux User
    Participant

Well, it basically worked for me – except that the telephone and camera apps crash consistently.

Linux User
    Participant

Can you try with the latest ROM update and let me know how it went?

Also I have updated the “Wipe data factory reset….” sentence to a meaningful one.

Linux User
    Participant

OK, I tried a second time.
    This time I rebooted after installing CM14 with TWRP and before installing OpenGApps.
    And now everything seems to work perfectly.

Thank you StepanMC!

Linux User
    Participant

Update: Video recording is not working – neither 1080p nor 702p.

Linux User
    Participant

I’m not sure if this is related to the ROM, but today I tried making a call over Bluetooth for the first time. It consistently falied with an error message “Kein Netz” (no network). However, making a call without Bluetooth and the Bluetooh pairing DO work.
    I’m a Java developer, but not on Android. Can I help debugging the video an BT call issues somehow?

Linux User
    Participant

Hi Henning, can you try the video recording with some third party camera apps?

Linux User
    Participant

I tried with OpenCamera – the same effect. Taking photos is working, but video recording stops immediately with an “unknown error”. The app’s about dialog says “Last video error: error_268435556_-1007.”

Linux User
    Participant

At least, the BT call problem seems to be unrelated to the ROM :-)
    Today I made a few calls over BT without any problems. Looks like yesterday it was actually a network problem…

Linux User
    Participant

This might be just coincidence, but adb does not work:

adb devices will never show the device, while the MTP driver is working, e.g. I can move files from and to the device using the windows explorer.

But this might be a Windows 10 related problem. The last time when I used adb (before updating the ROM), I used a Linux PC.

I already tried several tips from the internet, but none helped.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.