Nice, you are willing to flash a ROM!!!
If you are unsure, on your DX2 Settings/About Phone/Android Version 2.3.4
Things You’ll Need
ROOT, must have ROOT :P
ROM Toolbox https://market.android.com/details?i…50b29sYm94Il0.
I would like to point out that the most recent/updated ROM of Liberty is always on Rom Toolbox/Rom Manager/Liberty section.
So install the app Rom Toolbox and launch it. There are 3 screens to slide to, in the first one select Rom Manager, then a Rom managment window opens with some options. Select Liberty 3 and then select Liberty 3 v1.0, picture below. Download this file, then remember where you stored it. This is the ROM’s zip file that will need to be installed.
With your DX2 plugged into a WALL Charger and Charging, enter System Recovery.
Install Recovery(Top Button)
Then after it prompts you that Recovery was installed hit the Recovery Mode Button Your phone will now boot into Recovery. While in Recovery I always make a Nandroid Backup, so that will be the first thing we do here.
Use your Volume buttons to scroll up/down and your Power button to select Scroll to ?Backup/Restore and select, It will then ask you where you would like to Backup to… whereever is fine. Next you will be asked to Backup Restore or Advanced Restore hit BACKUP and it will create your Nandroid Backup. (it takes a couple to create it so have that smoke)
Once we create our Nandroid Backup we can…
Wipe Data/Factory ResetWipe CacheSelect Advanced Options and Wipe Dalvik Cache, then Wipe Battery Stats
NOW THAT THE SLATE IS CLEAN
While still in recovery(you may have to GO BACK a page or two) select Install Zip from SD Card
Depending on where you stored the zip file choose the SD Area, Internal or SD, navigate your way to your zip file and highlight it, then select it using your power button….Almost there.. It will take a couple to installl, once it has Installed navigate your way back in recovery and choose Reboot Now.
The first boot might take a couple minutes…you will enjoy this ROM
Liberty ROM was created and updated by Jrummy16 & Kejar31
– Most all apps were built from source…. rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM7 source tree and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
– The only apps left from Blur are the Dialer, Contacts and Camera
– AppWidgetPicker – built byboombuler
– Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
– 1% battery increments built in (thanks to Nitro)
– Themed Dialer, Contacts, Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
– Reboot options (Reboot,Recovery and Screenshot)
– DSPManager included!
– Custom Launcher2 with extra hotseats and speed tweaks (lightest fastest launcher you will ever use)
**I will upload some pics later… **