LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S6, Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Can i flash this rom on a s6 edge plus g928g?
    Or is not available?

• This reply was modified 2 days, 10 hours ago by Linux User.
    Linux User
    Participant

Hello,

Anyone please could send me the link to download the LineAgeOs 14.1 for my Galaxy S6 model SM-G920I?

Thanks,

Alexandre

Linux User
    Participant

Hi team, many s6 sprint users want to experience this rom, so can you build a rom for zerofltespr?
    Thanks !!!

Linux User
    Participant

The GApps should match the current version of Android you are running on your device. As this Lineage 14.1 ROM is based on Android Nougat 7.1, you need to install GApps for Nougat 7.1 after flashing this Galaxy S6 Lineage 14.1 ROM.

I have added the Nougat GApps link which should be enough fr you to go but download Nougat 7.1 GApps from the link.

• This reply was modified 2 days, 11 hours ago by Linux User.
    Linux User
    Participant

It is risky but you can remove the assert line from the updater-script of the ROM and forcibly flash the ROM on your SPRINT variant of Galaxy S6, if and only if you know that the hardware specification of the compatible devices (for which the ROM is built) are same with the sprint variant.

I had flashed the Galaxy NOTE 3 CyanogenMod 14.1 ROM on Galaxy NOTE 3 SPRINT variant without any issues by doing the same way. Here is the review of the Galaxy NOTE 3 ROM, which you can checkout for proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8-BAv1K9HY

Again I am telling you this is risky to do this, it may brick your device permanently.

Linux User
    Participant

Will not install on my S6. Tried it from Team Win Recovery v2.8.7.2.

The errors I get are:

E:unknown command [log]
    E:Updater process ended with error=7

Linux User
    Participant

downloaded the rom and rooted the s6 with rwrp 3.1.0.0..but i just get an Error 7 to when i tries to install the rom

in twrp it says “E3004: this package is for device: zerotexx,zerolte,zerolteskt; this device is zeroflte.”

• This reply was modified 2 days, 11 hours ago by Linux User.
    Linux User
    Participant

Hi Dobly, 2.8.7.2 TWRP version seems to be an older one. Can you try once more with the latest TWRP and see if you can get through ?

Linux User
    Participant

If the Hardware of Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge plus are the same then you can dare to take the risk. If there is difference in hardware such as: processor or RAM or camera etc.. then I would NOT recommend to go for a cross flashing.

Cross flashing is when you are flashing something that is not meant for your device.

Linux User
    Participant

Is this install compatible with the SM-G920A and has anyone successfully been using it as a daily driver? I also have the 920I, any luck installing on that and using it as a daily driver?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.