LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 5z is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Zenfone 5z LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide. This Zenfone 5z LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer Rohanpurohit.
Follow the links to get other Android 10 builds such as: LineageOS 17.1 Download, or LineageOS 17 Download and Android 10 Download for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Rohanpurohit and LineageOS project:
– Donate to Rohanpurohit
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL ALPHA BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Zenfone 5z, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Zenfone 5z LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:
Where to download LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 5z?
- ROM Download link of Zenfone 5z LineageOS 17
- Zenfone 5z TWRP Download (Z01R) for this Zenfone 5z LineageOS 17 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Zenfone 5z unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- LineageOS 17 GApps
- How to Root LineageOS 17
How to Install LineageOS 17 on Zenfone 5z?
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 5z
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 5z from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 5z for the first time:
- Download and Copy the ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 5z and the LineageOS 17 GApps to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Zenfone 5z LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root TWRP for Zenfone 5z
– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition and Cache partition from TWRP recovery.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Install the Zenfone 5z LineageOS 17 ROM zip file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 5z.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 5z (Z01R):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 5z, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 5z
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Zenfone 5z LineageOS 17 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Zenfone 5z, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Similarly, verify for the presence of root. If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Zenfone 5z, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How Root LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Zenfone 5z.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Zenfone 5z you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How Root LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for Zenfone 5z LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)