Xiaomi has released a lot of devices under the “Redmi 9″ series. It includes Redmi 9A, 9, 9 Prime, Note 9, and Note 9 Pro / Pro Max. All these phones are running on MIUI 11, and the brand will be pushing MIUI 12 soon to these devices. Since August 2020, Xiaomi has started phase 2 of the MIUI 12 rollout. Recently, the brand made the MIUI 12 update for the global units of the Redmi Note 9. Now, they have started the rollout for the Indian teams of the device. In China, the device is knowns as Redmi 10X 4G, and it has already received MIUI 12 update.
Initially, the update for all these variants came with the version number 22.214.171.124.QJOINXM. But for some reason, the brand has withdrawn the update and re-released for all these variants. As said, the new update for the Indian Redmi Note 9 comes with the build number 126.96.36.199.QJOINXM. As usual, the update is rolling out as OTA (Over the Air) and will take some time to reach every unit of the device. Interestingly, we have also got the manual link for the update.
Download MIUI 12 for Redmi Note 9!
Do note that some of the users still complaints about the performance issues after the update. Mi community moderator has replied that the team is working to fix that issue ASAP. It’s very confusing that Xiaomi re-released the update, and still some users complaining about the problems. We hope that they will resolve the same.
Changelog of MIUI 12 update!
- MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
- Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
- Fix: Noise could be heard when the screen was turned off in some cases
- App drawer allows you to keep your Home screen neat and categorizes apps so you can find them faster.
- New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- You can create folders with notes now.
- New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
Do let us know if you have installed MIUI 12 on your device. Please tell us if you face any performance issues in your device.