LineageOS 17.1 and 17 for Pixel 2 XL is now available to download. This article explains how to install the ROM on Pixel 2 XL with a step-by-step guide.
This Pixel 2 XL LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer Blackjubel and the LineageOS 17.1 is by Eamo5.
Follow the links to get other Android 10 builds such as: LineageOS 17.1, and Android 10 Download for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Blackjubel, Eamo5 and LineageOS project:
– Donate to Blackjubel
– Donate to Eamo5
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL TEST BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Pixel 2 XL, WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Pixel 2 XL LineageOS 17.1 and 17 ROM
– Almost everything
– Active Edge (support will not be added) (on LineageOS 17.1)
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 and for Pixel 2 XL?
- [button anchor=”LineageOS 17.1 Download” url=”https://cyanogenmods.org/downloads/lineageos-17-1-pixel-2-xl-2020-03-06-eamo5/” size=”medium” style=”metro” color=”happiness”] (build date: 2nd March 2020)
- [button anchor=”LineageOS 17″ url=”https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1899786940962593389″ size=”medium” style=”hero” color=”primary”]
- Pixel 2 XL TWRP Download (taimen) for this Pixel 2 XL LineageOS 17 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Pixel 2 XL unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- GApps for LineageOS 17
- How to Root LineageOS 17
It is strongly recommended that you install the Pixel 2 XL LineageOS 17.1 ROM build.
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 or 17 on Pixel 2 XL?
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Pixel 2 XL
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Pixel 2 XL from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
First time Installation of LineageOS 17.1 or 17 on Pixel 2 XL
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Pixel 2 XL and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Pixel 2 XL LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Pixel 2 XL
– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider taking a complete backup of your phone data or take a backup of all relevant partitions.
– How to backup data on Android
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Install the Pixel 2 XL LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Pixel 2 XL.
Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 / 17 on Pixel 2 XL (taimen)
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Pixel 2 XL, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Pixel 2 XL
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Pixel 2 XL LineageOS 17 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Pixel 2 XL, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Pixel 2 XL, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How Root LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Pixel 2 XL.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Pixel 2 XL you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How Root LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for Pixel 2 XL LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.x are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam download (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)