LineageOS 17.1 for HTC One Max is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install HTC One Max LineageOS 17.1 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This HTC One Max LineageOS 17.1 build is brought to you by developer tarkzim.
Follow the links to get other Android 10 builds such as: LineageOS 17.1 Download, or LineageOS 17 Download and Android 10 Download for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to fagyi and LineageOS project:
– Donate to tarkzim
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17.1 FOR HTC One Max, WHICH HAS FEW BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the HTC One Max LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM:
– Almost everything
– Hardware Encryption
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 for HTC One Max?
- ROM Download link of HTC One Max LineageOS 17.1
- HTC One Max TWRP Download (t6) for this HTC One Max LineageOS 17.1 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- HTC One Max unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- LineageOS 17.1 GApps Download
- How to Root LineageOS 17.1
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on HTC One Max?
- First time installation of LineageOS 17.1 for HTC One Max
- Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 for HTC One Max from a previous build of LineageOS 17.1 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17.1 for HTC One Max for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17.1 ROM for HTC One Max and the GApps for LineageOS 17.1 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this HTC One Max LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for HTC One Max
– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and prt6ed ahead.
- Format data from TWRP (this is required when coming from stock firmware!)
If running on HTC Sense UI, then format the data partition to decrypt it. THIS IS IMPORTANT. DON'T SKIP!This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider taking a complete backup of your phone data or take a backup of all relevant partitions.
– How to backup data on Android
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Wipe the data, system and Cache partition from TWRP.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the HTC One Max LineageOS 17.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for HTC One Max.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17.1 for HTC One Max (t6):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17.1 for HTC One Max, LineageOS 17.1 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for HTC One Max
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the HTC One Max LineageOS 17.1 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on HTC One Max, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on HTC One Max, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17.1
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 on HTC One Max.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on HTC One Max you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 Rooting guide
Where to Download Google Camera for HTC One Max LineageOS 17.1?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)